Novel drug candidates can be screened for efficacy and toxicity using the LTL tumor tissue lines by the following established protocol (in brief):
1. Appropriate LTL tumor tissue lines are selected from our collection (with consideration for features such as tumor type, drug target, mechanism of action etc.).
2. LTL tumor tissue lines are transplanted into desired growing site (orthotopically, subcutaneously or at the subrenal capsule site).
3. Following tumor establishment, animals are randomly assigned to experimental groups and treated. Tumor size, body weight, and animal health are monitored throughout the experiment.
4. At the end of the experiment, various protocol-specific parameters are assessed.
• Complete necropsy
• Blood, tissue and organ collection
• Body and organ weight determination
• Clinical chemistry
• Paraffin sectioning and H&E staining
• Histopathological, immunohistochemical
• other specialized assays
5. A detailed report is provided.